Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Say I Love You everyday...

My family got back today from their holiday to Hainan Island...
Whole truckload of them, aunties n uncles n cousins all including my parents n sistas...

I jus got back from a jakarta nitestop n was kinda miffed when i had to trek all over the airport after walking back from jkt to join them at the staff canteen in T2 for a late lunch session...

In the car later updating my news-craved daddy on the recent happenings in bkk airport, the mumbai bombings n how the girl who was killed was actually from MGS as well n only 1 year my senior n all that...
I never knew her personally but am sure i've seen her playing in those netball matches before....

I felt guilty for briefly showing my temper earlier cos i was hot n bothered.
I suddenly felt relief that my family were all back by my side.

Even though i will never have the house to myself over the weekend for a long time, i wish they dun go away all together at once without me for a long time again.

I remembered that i had forgotten to tell them all i love them when they left for their holiday last week.

When I watched the Mumbai shootings unfold on CNN while in Shanghai last week, only 10 ppl were reported dead....
When i checked out the next morning, only 15 reported dead.
But when i got home... n only got access to newspapers 36 hours later... the whole 188 ppl dead n 1 of them a Singaporean n how the entire event was India's 911 was kinda overwhelming.

If i'm not wrong... the company used to put us up at the Taj in Mumbai for a really short period of time...

I'm going to Delhi next week...

N for those who's been to India... u will know tt the security there is like atrocious one lor...
The fucking metal detector machine tt they make ppl walk thru is like useless one... cos you go 'beep' n they still go 'Okay' . -___-"
The entrances to the airport r crowded like f n aiyah watever security measures they put up jus look like nonsense lar.


I read all these newspaper reports on the poor girl n though they starting to repeat telecast the same things in each n every article...
i can't help but imagine how it will feel if suddenly my dearly beloveds r taken away from me.
How will i react?
How will it feel??

It's all starting to hit really close to home n u wonder when one really feels safe anymore.

I sat in my room in Jakarta the nite before watching more updates on BBC on the Mumbai bombings n imagined wat should i do if the hotel i stayed in got raided...

- Wat the hell can i use as a weapon to protect myself? Shoe horn??? Iron??? knn~
- Errr.... should i change outta my PJs if got time??
- Nabei, if they start raiding rooms, wat furniture should i pile against my door first??? I stared at the fuckin big wooden desk n tv stand n wonder if i've enough strength to singlehandedly move them across the room...
- Handphone better keep fully charged from now on lor, (after hearing account from some spiritual group leader on BBC) then i faster go charge my phone at tt moment even though it's only 1 bar down...

Crazy thoughts running thru my mind.....
Clearly I'm over imaginative n over thinking once again...
But i can't help it! ;D

But one thing's for sure..........
I wanna tell my parents/sisters n boyfriend that i love them every time b4 i leave home base....
N that i love them all the time.
No arguments n cold wars before my flights....
Give my mom n dad a peck on the cheek as i used to do all the time even until uni days, whenever i get outta the car...
N remember to tell my close friends they make me laugh n i need them around to stay happy...

Life's too unpredictable to take things/ppl round u for granted...
We all know this but we r all still guilty of it.
So wat r u waiting for?!?!

Start saying "I love you" everyday.
:)

1 comment:

Shoppingholic said...

i love you.

so when will you see me again?