I was on leave all week long...n I loved it!! :)
It helped of cos that he accompanied me whatever time he had...
To my mani n pedi session..
To dinner with my friends..
To party...
To birthday dinner for mommy n lil sis...
Anyhoo...
We bought Lana chocolate cake for Mommy n Sista...
It's supposed to be the mother of all chocolate cakes...
And the last time i had one was for my 21st bday!!
I remembered it...
the choc layer was generous n gooey...
the sponge inside was moist n melts in your mouth..
More choc mousse inside....
Abso-fucking-lutely heavenly...
Mommy remembered it as well from then...
But when we cut the cake today....
And each family member hastily shoved the first mouthful in anticipation...
there was........
Silence...
Not like having orgasm-cos-the-cake-freaking-nice silence but i-look-at-you-you-look-back-at-me-to-confirm-b4-reacting silence...
Lana standard drop liao!!!
Haha!!
Now the sponge is so dry.. like ordinary cake...
Even Sara Lee has more moist insides lor..
Overhyped!!!
........................................
My 10 year old sis wanted a Tamagotchi Version3.0...
And it freaking cost me S$29.95...
Dun ask me wat difference is there from the version first released eons ago..
The version that I played with..
Maybe some added online features n an infra red port...
I jus think that it is Overpriced!! >;0
.......................................
However.. if you're thinking of a nice place to bring your parents or grandparents or whole family to a nice Chinese dinner...
Go to Pearl River Restaurant @ 3rd floor Suntec City Convention Centre..
S$30 +++ per pax n it's ala carte buffet...
The menu was exhaustive n desserts are buffet style where you help yrself at any point during yr meal...
And if you bring a party of 5 pax or more... you get a whole Peking duck n a mini Buddha Jump over the Wall each...
And 100grams of fresh prawns per pax!!
Really really good!!!
Value for $$ I say!! And I'm hardly a fan of Chinese food... ;p
Better than any international buffets at hotels!!
.................................
For people with hairy faces....
Me....
got hairy forehead n teeny bit of moustasche(forgot how to spwell n too lazee to check my dic)
Must go threading at Little India!!
Just the stretch behind Tekka Market..
Buffalo Road it's called...
Eyebrows only $5, forehead/upper lip only $3..
And they offer cheap mani n pedi service as well... the classic service la...
Only diff is they dun use branded nail polish like OPI.. jus regular Color club (which i never hear b4 also
Henna hair dye, Auveyurdic massage services... indian indian things lar!!
I think it's really cool though.. ;)
At first was recommended to this place called Rupini's..
But after a near-car accident n going round Little India twice... I found that Rupini's close on Sundays... (imagine my rage n anger..)
Then I tot "wat the heck, already here.."
So I walked to the beauty salon next door which offered same services n same prices...
Good!! Must try! :)
......................................
Finally, thou shalt not underestimate the power of PMS moodswings...
Firstly.. need to get this off my chest..
You know how MANY females do this...
A: "Aiyah sian ahhhh... PMS!!"
me: wah... akan datang ah... when you expecting your 'da yi ma'?"
A: Today 1st day man....!! Back damn pain!!
Okie...ARgh
PMS stands for PRE menstrual syndrome...
n PRE stands for BEFORE...
BEFORE your period starts....
it does not mean the having of your period....period.
Wah Liao...
Okie.. now that is outta the way...
I would like to share my interpretation of the onslaught of PMS...
I think hor.. that PMS is basically an excuse to blame your boyfriend (or girlfriend?!?) for anything n everything...
jus for that 3-7days before your period starts...
The boys prob cheering right now as I say this n the other girls are shaking their heads n going "girl you outta yr mind or wat to divulge this heavenly secret?"
But by saying this, I dun mean that the boys r let off easily...
Yes, we girls DO experience terrible depressive fits n moodswings...
Mine oscillates from extremes... by the half hour...
And everything tiny or even slightly annoying becomes amplified like 10000000%...
But when I was single for the first time in my life( since dateable age man ) during the first quarter of the year...
My monthly PMS miraculously disappeared...
the depression sessions occur much less.. n sleep was like the antibiotic for everything!!
Then now I got nice nice boyfriend around me treating me like princess...
The PMS creeping slowly but surely back again, bringing the tyrant outta me once again...
heh heheh *eVil smirk*
Maybe men are the problem...
But seriously...
even if it IS somewhat an excuse for us to bully you... you still must grit yr teeth n handle us properly hor... no matter how whiny, grouchy n difficult we get...
Cos at the end of the day... your patience is how we measure your love for us...
;D
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Overhyped, Overpriced n Undermined..
Posted by
shhhh
at
5:18 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment