Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mind YOUR P's n Q's...

I might not be a saint myself when it comes to manners...

But I considered myself far more patient than others since the days of Dome as a barista...
"Dodo... the ice cream melted... can change??"
"Dodo I spilled some :( ... can change?? "
And all these when I'm up to neck w orders n my body split into halves blending n scooping....

It has also somehow been an occupational hazard....
"Thank you for the flight...."
"Thank you for helping me pick up that piece of (completely insignificant) dirt"
"Thank you thank you thank you..."

N
"Sorry sorry sorry sorry...."

N
"You 're welcome!!"
Then
"Thank you" back...
Then....
"You're welcome!!!!"

Chee-la-ka... - ___-

it never ends....

But it has become so part of me...
I even do it with the boyfriend cos being gracious n polite to one another in a relationship is one of the ways to show each other appreciation wat....

Also, I'm super tolerant of semi-retarded service people who completely mess up orders, need u to take them thru step by step.. n repeat yr queries over n over again....

And I can do so without being condescending.... n still say "Thank You!" sincerely n chirpily...

The boyfriend cannot...

But I got limit also.... just like that day....
When I was having a lazy midday stroll along Club Street on a Monday....
And I found that Venue (the uber cool shop which does Puma collabs n now has mobile shops n whateva crap shit) got Sale....

So I go in...

I dun intend to buy... cos I'm banned from shopping after Bkk ... (more on that another day)

So I dun mind that there was no service....

But there wasn't any greeting either...
that's still okie....

cos sometimes when I'm browsing I wish to b invisible also mah....

Good... the fella at the cashier din even bother to look up...

Until I walked to the back section..... then he follow n stand there... not uttering a word...
But the face got "Sian" n "WTF" etched all over i tell ya...

Who cares.... his job to at least stand there mah...

So after browsing..... I exited... but not after smiling at him n saying "thank you! Bye"

N the bugger din even bother to make eye contact!!!!! much less utter a word of thanks!!!!!!

Nabei cheebyeee...

For a moment I was damn hot....

Cos

1) You r a fucking service provider....
Dun care if u high end or low end or middle end...
Dun care if u work in an establishment which has since the day u opened become quite successful with the mass mkt in SIn...

U prob won't have a job in that shop if people like me din come wandering around Club Street n Found yr store n tot it was uber cool in the days before Front Row or Style Nordic kept getting mention in magazines...

2) The clothes on yr back might cost a total of $1000 courtesy of yr employer....
But they will never belong to you becos at the end of the day... you'll still b a disillusioned lousy salesperson...
You'll only be paid wat.... max $1000 a month... maybe commission if yr employer is kind..
But seeing yr F**ed-up attitude as such... yr commission will b at the mercy of frivolous rich kids whose asses u lick.

3) WAT's exactly UP with THAT attitude in the first place man!!!
maybe maybe jus maybe I was in my slippers n casuals??
Geez....

U guys might wanna jus go n diss this pretty huge gay-looking n haughty Mat'-looking (or jus tanned??) at Venue at Club Street...

Jus walk in n around n force his lard-piece ass off his chair at the cashier n then jus walk out without buying anything.

grrrrrrrrrrrr...................................

...........................................................................................................

And children these days...... R OBNOXIOUS MONSTERS!!!!!


Every once in a while... I get these kids onboard...

When u ask them for their names... they quite shy...
that's okie...

When u give them a toy... they just take n mutter something u can't hear....
MOst of the time they just take n keep quiet la...

Then the parents will tell them "Must say thank you!"
And only half the time the children comply....


Next time my juniors will know their Pleases" n Thank Yous" without prompting from me...
Argh... wats up with these ill mannered bringing up??

It used to b that the behaviour of children to reflect on the parents...
And though I dun wanna sound like a traditionalist... i think it's still that way lor....

Yesterday I had a monster on my flight...
No acknowledgement cos boy was busy with his Gameboy when I came up n said hi ...
No thank you when I passed him his activity pack.....
he acted like it's god-given since he still a child...
no prompting from his parents to say thak you...

Then suddenly... "Can I have ANOTHER of this!!!"

The parents were quite embarrassed at his outburst n told him "You must say 'please first"

He did not comply.....

okie... fine... children mah..

After take off.... ask him wat he wanna eat.....
Fcking no acknowledge... not to his parents ... not to me...
It's only a choice of the chix or fish!!!
Still engrossed in his Gameboy n din even bother to look up...

Absolutely RUDE i tell u... dun care if he's only 6 yrs old or 9 ....

The same reaction when asking him what he would like to drink......

A check with the colleagues revealed that they all thought the same of lil' boy...
Either parents no teach or boy jus plain ol' obnoxious...

Until........

The Dad himself barked at me during second round drinks.... "Can I have another Coke. With ICE!"

No "please......

No "thank you either when served.....

Then I realised...

No wonder lil boy's a monster....
Cos his parents preach but dun practise.... n they dun preach enough either....

Really.... the world is becoming a more F**ed up place by the minute...
Or is that just in Singapore????

No comments: