The first time I set up at the Tanglin Flea Market sometime last year, I took home S$300 plus bucks from selling stuff I dun want...
Heh heh..
The weirdest things sold man...
My mangy pair of VNC mules...
My mummy's icky printed blouse...
My stained Mango top...
My broken pair of Converse slides.. (the ah beng ones from eons ago..)
Not only did I make extra moolah...
I cleared space in my wardrobe for more functional stuff...
So of cos this time, I was hopeful again!!
But Nebei bananas...
The smart people at Tanglin increased the rental of space from $40 to $70...
Which in my opinion is pretty steep considering that each item fetches an average of $2 only lei...
Even though they let us set up from 3pm onwards instead of the usual 5pm - 11pm...
Maybe it was the World Cup...
The place was pretty dead by 8...
Maybe it's cos after my first spring clean a year ago... I have no more good stuff to offer...
My gypsy skirts n beach bags were all sold out before I could set up store properly...
Maybe it was the location of my stall...
At the edge... the very first one at the taxi stand...
The middle part might be hot n humid but the crowd will stick see....
Mummy helping to set up...
Mummy says that people will check out the stallholder n wat she/he wearing before deciding whether to browse somemore...So I made the effort lor... even though so hot man...
Act cutesy right!!? Mahahaha~
Mummy's best to work with...Resilient, silent n always so supportive... ;)
Little sis brought her toys she doesn't want as well..Surprisingly, people do buy 2nd hand soft toys too...
geee....
As you can see, crowd sucks...
We wrapped up around 10 n went for supper la
So pathetic can...
My gross profit only $90... minus my rent...
Net profit only $20...
Which I spent getting Mummy coffee n sandwiches cos we were soooo bored...
Sobz~
....................................................................................................................................................................
To all durian lovers out there....
Every year, for Daddy's bday..
we get him the fresh durian cake from Angie's cos that's his only favourite cake flavour...
But the quality of Angie's durian cream like super depreciating each year...
V. disappointing...
Then....
Cos 2nd Sis brought home the durian swiss rolls n cream puffs from the Good wood Park Hotel's Durian Festival thingy...
(which btw made my whole refridgerator smell like stale fart.... you have to agree that when durian smell lingers too long it DOES start smelling like stale fart wat!)
I decided to check out the fresh durian cake there as well...
Not only is it cheaper than bloody lousy Angie's...It's fabulous can!!!!
Mmmmmmm~
Daddy n his 3 princesses...Even though you always talk so loud; which sound like you're scolding us for littlest reasons,
Have a quick temper... (we all take after you now lorrrr)
Fart loud loud in the house all the time; n force us to eat fruits after heavy dinners everytime(!!)
We love you lots..
And a Happy Father's Day in advance... (er, when is it supposed to be again?? ;p)
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Still waiting for Von's photos taken on Fri nite....
Can show you how new style Olio Brownie is served...
Freaking on a hotplate can!?!
And then they pour the choc sauce over then the whole thing freaking sizzles..
Followed by a layer of chopped nuts...
Sinful as hell... sweet as love...
Will update when her pics come out I guess..
We went to Club Street where Adi was working...
And chilled at Bar Sa Vanh...
It was Corine, Von, Loy n new beau, me n Ray...
Super clear right!!??? No grainy shits.
Better quality than Nokia mobiles anytime!!!!
But whenever the Dome Darlings hang out, it's like this one lor...
We ain't bored.. just really comfy with the company...
:)
Really miss those times when we would gather in big groups n just laze around the outlet...
Possibly stuffing ourselves silly with bread, staff meals n ice cream...
Sometimes I think bout the funny way different people from all walks of life are thrown together by fate...
we r all so different yet have so much in common...
hmmm...
It's really different from fly life...
where you meet n work with different people each flight...
it's so hard to build bonds n form lasting friendships...
Gee... am I getting mushy again??
Anyhooo....
I intro-ed Ray to them first time that night lor...Guess we're the same kinda species...
I start blabbering... emit strange noises... make bimbotic statements when I'm nervous round new people..
Perhaps I should follow his style...
Just ACT COOL...
hee hee hee
That's all for the moment I guess...
Went to BKK yesterday n cos the King was celebrating his bday over 4 days...
they made us stay in the airport hotel to avoid bad traffic...
So no go out..
Just room service n sleep...
Nothing to tell!!
Catch ya soon! tata!



No comments:
Post a Comment