Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bizarre Cabbie Experience...

On a rainy Sunday morning at approximately 8am...
Was trying to get a cab but none in sight...

So I called TIBS...
Was told that my cab would arrive in 5-10mins... (usual la.. 3 mins they also say 5-10 mins... then the driver will call n holler at you that they r already waiting downstairs...)

Then...

I got this message....


"u still want cab? i'll come 3 min taxi no 782"


first thot tt went thru my mind : Ah then??... of cos i want. otherwise I call for wat?
second thot : Nowadays cabbies quite high tech ah... they usually call only if they can't find yr location wat!

Then I replied:

"Yes of cos! I'm standing between 101 n 18"


Then I waited................


3 mins....

5 mins....

Then...


"I'll be there in 1 min, start counting now. 59,58,57.....36,35,34....13,12,11..... Oh no is 'red light'. Sorry may b late, c u soon. taxi no SHB 782 x '


I'm not shittin' you... this is really the text he sent me word for word....

I was like.... 0_o"


So okie....
fearing that the taxi uncle might be some serial killer or nut head... I texted Ray n he waited for me at the destination...

When cabbie arrived... he was some youngish punkish uncle la..
And kept checkin' me out in the mirror...

"No wonder laaaa..." went thru my head.... n more texts to Ray bout cabbie situation...

Think he was on the verge of going upstairs n bringing weapons down to prepare to confront cabbie when I arrive liao man!! ;D

But really... wat a weirdo dun ya think??

No comments: