Monday, October 22, 2007

Diamonds R forever?? A Girl's Carats...

Went for my batch girl's wedding on Sat...

A moment with the Bf..
Who made the dinner so much more fun...
Until my ex-colleague exclaimed... "eh yr bf damn gossipy hor!?"
What can I say... he's somewhat a male version of me lor...
My misfortune??? ;p
That's why I always say, Be Careful what you wish for laR.

Gayle n moi

She's absolutely glowing...
And when her groom went down on his knees n sang Adam Sandler's "I Wanna Grow Old with You" from the Wedding Singer n made a sweet speech... she was so touched she teared..

U other guys there might think it's too damn showy to be real lar... like wat the Bf tot...
But u know.... Girls r jus suckers for such shit....

I din think much bout it then... til after the dinner when the wine's all got to my head...
N it scares me that everyone goes thru the motion of The Wedding Dinner with little or no emotions...

Will mine be a little outta the ordinary?? Anything memorable? Or jus a drag...
After all.. it's a once in lifetime sorta thing...
If it ain't gonna be good, I rather not get married.
Do I sound naive saying this?

I just had to text my Von... n told her the events I witnessed tt night... reminding her that we both were afraid of crying at Adi n Co's wedding. What if it's only other pple's wedding which touches us ever?? n not our own? How how?

Thoughts thoughts thoughts....

I had to talk bout them.... SO i went down to Sara to find her lar...

She remembered Gayle from this...
When she came down to join me at Bala when my batch tried to org a gathering...
That was also the nite I knew she was engaged...
N we all oohed n arrrhhhed at her huge bling bling...

Actually, we all remembered her bling bling...
N when Von remarked offhandedly "Yar lar... can tell the guy loves her alot lar.."

I couldn't help but wonder...
Is the size of a man's love for his girl measured in carats??

:D

Like seriously... I know when I look at other girls' engagement rings... or my gfs' ones n there is this silent-I-can't-help-it!!!- sizing up on the size thingy lar...

Pee-sai stones R jus....... non inspirational... or so I think...

Hey hey... im sure i ain't the only person who think this way lor...
it's jus typical mah.

Among friends.... of cos not comparing to the Hollywood kinda showy-rings-then-divorce-later kinda thingy... I seriously think having huge bling blings COULD be a measure of the guy's love.

So let's say the girl is not dating a billionaire, sometimes probably jus averagely rich... when the guy works n saves for the big ring which he thinks his lady deserves, n he considers it a meaningful investment, n within his means....... Yar........ so i think men like this r practical... but not too such tt he puts anything b4 the lady lor. He is also romantic.... cos he thinks its worthwhile..
Hmmm... therefore I think, yes... carats R a way of measuring a man's love.

I know this sounds shallow...
But it's jus that way lor...

Otherwise why do pple oooh n ahhhh at huge nice shiny solitaires...
N then they ask "Wah yr fiance is a tow kay ah!" or they jus wonder what job the guy work as... or if he's from a rich family to begin with...

Depending on the answer.... the silent judgement in the head is processed...

Sigh.... So wat happens to the not so well-to-do guys ah?
Slapping 20k on a decent diamond is obscene.
And the last I checked while Mummy Day shopping... a good grade solitaire measuring barely 0.75 carat from Lee Hwa is easily 30k.

So let's say u compromise on the quality for the size... which i think is a no-no...
It still will cost like wat... 15k at least?

Add that to the cost of the wedding... dinner, gowns, photographers, bleah bleah bleah...

I told Von... "Wah lan.... if I a guy i think I die le lar... How to get married... so bloody ex"

But her reply "Of cos wat.... this is a once in a lifetime thingy... want to do then do properly one mah"

N I agree... cos if the girl's deserve it... the guys better do it properly oh! ;D

N i so remember wat Deniz told me once... "eh next time u get married dun get rings with the point-something-point-something ah"

"but it's really v ex lei" I protested

He insisted "No no... jus whole numbers... it's either 1 carat or 2 carat.... no point something!"

"oh oh.. ok..." i nodded sheepishly...
Well well... /; )
....................................................................................................................................................................

Dog Grooming Lesson #4

Got to deal with an incorrigible Maltese puppy before being sent to help out with a Chow Chow...

Before scissoring...

The After...

It's devilishly cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can't help it!!!!
It's texture n size n pouffeness is like dat of pillow... a fluffy pillow...
Can sleep on it...

Aiyah.. must see it n touch it to believe it...
Too bad it's damn high maintenance... need to keep in air con when the temperature goes up.
Thats prob the reason why u hardly see Chow Chows in Sin...

Chows chows r like a groomer's nitemare...
the blowdrying took like FOREVER...... even with my help at the end....
n the fur... so thick... so thick!!!!!!!!!! ;O
I swear there r like a million fur pores in a milimeter square on the Chow Chow...


Hee heee...
MOck doggies made of discarded fur...
One of my shi jies got damn bored while waiting for us to finish Chow Chow...

Maybe next time novices like me gotta practice scissoring on these??!!?
Cute~
.........................................................................................................................................................

Sian.... back to work on standby on Tues...
Been on leave these 3 days... together with my 2 off days...
I'm trying to convince myself that flying is still best suited for me.

Yes, so like Dan said.... it doesn't need a grad to be a flygirl lor... n that he thinks i'm like stuck in my comfort zone ....
I thought bout it n decided no matter how sucky it is.. I still can't leave yet lor..
There r still plans in the pipeline... practical plans lar...

Alritety... bed time...
Sat at Swensen's last nite til 530 am with Von n Nic...
Nic calls it old people chatting.. ; (

No comments: