Tuesday, November 22, 2005

When Love Has to Be Made....

Today's my small Uncle's wedding ceremony.
He's 38, she's 24.... Huh?!?!

Yes.. amidst raised eyebrows, I'll explain.

She's a bride from China, small unc is a single man who's the last on my mother's side to get married... so.. guess it's kinda inevitable... *shrugs*
But I really couldn't help but wonder... can love really be made?
Isn't it just supposed to happen? Like you meet this person whom you kinda have a connection with n then... you decide... maybe he/she is The One?!

In small unc's case, it was a first meeting knowing they are gonna have to make each other The One and spend the rest of their lives together...


I still dunno how do you know whether your other half is The One.

I go around asking friends, colleagues who are married or just married. Especially ladies who keep raving n gushing bout their husbands. Most people give me the same lame answer : You
just know...

WTF!


Another told me:" When you feel like you want to bear children for him, you know he's The One"


I asked her back: " How do you tell the difference between the feeling of wanting to bear his children n just plain raw lust?"
Wat I really meant was... maybe wat you feel like doing at that time is just fuck like rabbits, bear children my ass. I felt this way as this particular lady broke off a relationship of 5 years, got together with the new guy for 1.5 years, decided he's The One cos of the above reason n got married... 1.5 years is still honeymoon period lor!

Also.. being 24 as well..., I dun even know when I'll be ready to settle down, or if The Rif is The One... how can she bring herself to do that?!

Her parents are not with h
er, her relatives not with her... she been away from her hometown for 4-5 months already... Man she's fucking brave... to be able to not cry, feel sad... or maybe she does.. but she's not telling...

I dunno, I can't ask her... it's damn weird calling her Auntie... ;p


She quite pretty hor! ;)
I dunno how to edit photos n my mac dun have adobe lar otherwise will be nicer!


Of cos the wedding cake is fake. Next time my darling must get me real cake!! ;D

It was really a simple wedding but the gowns were nice, n the make up, hair n photo albums were done good. The Mummy later complained to me that she didn't even have all these when she got married...
I guess when there is true love, you'd still be the happiest girl on earth without the glitz n the
blitz??

Dunno... call me materialistic, but I want both true love n the glitz blitz bling!!!
Sigh... I'm so gonna die an old wrinkly spinster... bleah~!! -_-"












My Granny is happy too!!


She's my favourite old person... Granny was my only playmate for the longest time cos I was the
only grandchild on my mommy's side.

She would chide me when I put in too much mushrooms (which are my fave ingredients in her bak zhangs!), while wrapping bak zhangs with her. And play this mini roulette game with me n we would place bets together while she's cooking. The first amazing thing I learnt from her n my late grand dad at 3 years old was that I could use rice as glue for pieces of my horrid art n craft.

I would stay over on Saturday nights n they would buy me my favourite Fried Carrot Cake (the kind cut up in cubes n cooked in black sauce) on Sunday mornings.

When Mommy came to fetch me home, she would wave to me from her window while we cross the overhead bridge... til we get onto the bus.

I was such a little princess. Everyone doted on me!!!
;) Now can you see why I'm such a spoilt bitch!?


My Granny is also fucking brave. When we went to Disneyland with my aunt, my sister n cousins were then only 2 - 8 years old. Needless to say I got no kaki for the rides in Adventureland.

Granny took the Space Mountain with me twice!!!!!! And she didn't even freaking shriek during any of the rides!

RESPECTS!*

Whenever I see lonely old people onboard, or lost or otherwise, I think of Granny and how much I love her. Think I'm gonna try from now on to visit Granny more often; cos I've been self indulgent n lazy n haven't seen her much these years... Now that I'm flying, it's also no longer all possible to see her on CNY n other festivities.

The Clan

I also realised today that I'm no longer the only sweet young thing in the family... My sister n my cousins are the sweeter younger things on the left, all just turning 18 man.... Sobs... Old le! ;(


That's my Godma. She's an incredible cook; makes the best curry chicken in the whole goddamn world n she knows all the rules bout chinese traditions n customs. I learn only way too much hanging out with her!!!

She has a stall in Hougang Plaza selling popiah n rojak. Of cos it's amazing as well. I'm gonna be a good God dotter n go fetch her from work morrow nite after she closes her stall. ; )


Dressing up helps me survive boring wedding dinners...

Stuart Weitzmen's Black Patent Pumps
Who needs legs when you have killers like these???



Just wanna prove that my face is not really that fat! ;D

Nighty! :)




2 comments:

nomad9 said...

dunno why people insist on cutting those stupid cardboard cakes lor. makes no sense. why can't they just make a real cake? can't be very expensive right? then afterwards they give you a cake to eat anyway... why couldn't they have just cut THAT cake in front of everyone? crazy. all crazy. now hungry for cake le. :(

shhhh said...

actually the real cake is cut up n put into little boxes all already placed on the tables before the dinner started! hee