Ordering food last nite at some Thai joint in Lot 1...
Me: Can I have dessert? The mango n rice thingy?
Ray: You haven't even ordered dinner yet!?
Me: Okie.... hmmm....
.
.
.
.
Me: Will have the Phaad Thai...
Ray: Was gonna have that..
Me: Okiiee... wait.. then I try something different...
Maybe the seafood Thai laksa...
You order the rest k..? ;)
Ray: Okiee.....
(To waitress): Can I have a 212, 205, 615.... 313....
Me: (thinking: huh... order so much again... -__-" )
.......................................................................................................................................................................
hee heee...
In the end... my 'try-something-new' din work for me yet again...
the thai laksa sucked to the max...
The safe options of phaad thai n tom yum soup n fried kang kong that Ray ordered were all alright though...
so was my mango n sticky rice dessert...
I sat back for awhile when Ray was getting us post dinner drinks from McDees n realised I was EXACTLY like him last time one lor...
I always order the same food whenever I visit a particular joint...
It's Linguine Vongole at Modestos...
It's the super spicy phaad thai n mango salad n thai iced tea at Thai Express...
It's the 'chong you bing' n wanton in chilli oil thingy at Crystal Jade La mien joint...
The rostii in Marche...
But when I was with Rif, he's the super adventurous type...
Remembered once he grumbled when I always wanted the same side dishes n he wanted to try new stuff...
So I changed...
I started the "always must try something new" thingy... n even though sometimes i'm tempted to stick to my safe options... there's like unspoken pressure to do otherwise...
But the good thing is... Rif is super 'chin chye'.. if my food turns out sucky.. he will swop with me n actually convince me that he likes mine instead...
hee hee hee.. cute rite?
So even now... though I used to be the 'safe options' person... I have become a "always must try something new" person... n actually feel weird too if the accompanying person wants safe options...
you get wat I'm rambling bout???
heh heh... ;p
Since I've found the perfect 'safe option' believing partner... think I'll be going back to that for awhile...
And while I stoned when he's getting me our Iced lemon tea from McDees... I realised that we pretty much compliment each other...
Me n my crazy "try-something-new' moments... n him n his 'safe options' for me to fall back on...
BTW, you should have seen Ray's apprehensive face when the mango n sticky rice came in....
But he loved it...
Guess the best relationships are all bout new experiences together, mini adventures... n most importantly.. learning through each other... : )
So who says Routine is a bad thing??
Are you a 'safe options' or the mad hatter adventurous kinda person??
Am off to surprise Deniz...
hope he doesn't give me the "NB, got bf liao then forgot me so long" death look...
haha~
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Safe is goood....
Posted by
shhhh
at
4:09 pm
Labels: Musings, My relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment