Friday, May 26, 2006

What Is Romance?

One random afternoon, I sprung a surprise visit to Deniz’s after not having seen him for 3 weeks…

It was a lazy afternoon…
As usual, Lush playing in the background n Deniz doing Michelle’s nails in between appointments..

Then Mich announced that she was going for dinner with her partner, Ber, for their 2nd anniversary dinner… at either Foster’s or Amici round the corner…

“Wah.. enjoy your romantic dinner hor!!”

“Aiyah… I’m not a romantic person LAR!”

Just then, Ken, (Deniz’s landlord), popped the question… while sitting there across me idly filing his nails…
“Actually, what is considered romantic to you girls nowadays ah?”


For a moment, I was stunned… I was lost for words not only for a min…but like totally did not know how to answer him..?!

Which was really strange!
As I have always tot that I totally understood the idea of romance n love; … be a spokesperson for these ideals or something…

Then he rephrased his question..
“Like what would you like him to do for you to consider him romantic?”

Again… I was like… “Er…”

Then today… while zoning out as I do… I tot bout romance…

Candlelight dinners? Huge bouquets of flowers? Walks along the beach?

Are they considered romantic acts, objects… or romance in themselves??

Geez.. I’m afraid that I have become so spoiled that if they are indeed romantic acts.. I have become indifferent…

Either that… or Romance Is Dead…

How ah… which is it?

Instead of saying that a guy is really romantic… I would categorise nice things done for me as SWEET….

For example,

I love the way Ray pulls my hair back for me when I do such a simple thing as putting on my cardigan…
Or whenever my hair is getting into my food…

I love the songs he sings to me n even records it n puts it in my mobile…

It’s really the smallest things a guy does that sticks in my head n matters to me…

But I will always remember Rif who knew my paranoia bout toilet cleanliness in hotel rooms n the lack of toilet paper…

N he actually packed extra toilet rolls when we went for our Star Cruise mini adventure some 4 years ago…

He also managed to stuff a Lana chocolate bday cake in his duffel bag n kept it upright all the time, without me suspecting a thing until dinner time on the ship…
But really… all I remembered bout that trip was the extra toilet rolls…
So silly yet extremely sweet… : )

I’m sure everyone has different definitions of romance…
For me.. it has to be something breakthrough… or never experienced before..
Not necessarily expensive… (as you can see toilet rolls make me happy.. ;D)
Maybe something which I know the person has put in considerable amount of effort n thought to make happen… or just a really thoughtful gesture…

Hmmm.. like a room covered in rose petals?

Fi’s ex made a giant formation saying I “heart” U using tealights on the beach…

When he waits for you to finish your shower n wraps you protectively with a towel so you won’t catch a chill?

My mom used to put toothpaste on my toothbrush in the mornings before I wake up… n I always feel loved seeing that… so I do it for him…

But really.. these r just Sweet acts right…?
Still.. wat is romance.. really? Hmmm…
……………………………………………………………………………………………..

Back from Zurich on Tuesday morning…
Everything’s closed there on Sunday’s except McDees..
But did manage to pop down to a proper Swiss restaurant for dinner on Saturday evening…

While checking outta the joint…
I saw this sign at the door…

n then looked down n there were these….


I wondered…
Why would there be live artillery grenades in a restaurant??
………………………………………………………………………………………………

Back in Sin Tuesday morning.
Waking up in the afternoon…
Was surprised with these….

Apparently a welcome home bouquet…

But I think it was his way of saying Sorry for making me ultra distressed over the weekend in Zurich…

When he had way too much to drink n disappeared for 12 hours… concussed thru what must be like 30 missed calls on his mobile…
Sigh…

Yes… I still think Love is pertrifying…
Hate the way it sucks me in n upsets me when things dun go right though.. Argh.
…………………………………………………………………………………………….

Anyway…
Check this out!!


Went to the Sun n Moon Japanese Restaurant in Wheelock Place. (Formally the old Dome lar)
Food’s not bad!
Try the Genghis Khan… some sizzling hotplate of yummy lamb slices with beansprouts…
Had so many people looking over our table to check it out when it was served too!

The desserts are all so precious looking though!
Definitely worth a try is this!!

4 in 1 Sweetbox


And I simply love the layout of the place…

The nice manager gave us a cosy couch table..
And translucent hanging cloth thingy separated the couch tables n made it seem so much more private…

Pretty attentive service as well!!
Overall rating of experience: 3.5/5

Could have been a 4 but the pork cheek rice I ordered looked better in the photo than when served… though the presentation (ie crockery used) was inventive n excellent.
.................................................................................................................................................................

When Ray suggested having Seoul Garden yesterday...
so happy!
Everytime I suggest that to my frenz.. they always give me the "sian-are-you-crazy" look...

It's such a secondary school gathering makan place....
But fun wat!!...

As usual... the overprotective boyfriend of mine insisted on doing all the cooking so I won't kena the hot oil splashes...



Ouch!!

Was bored n overfed so I stood around waiting for a perfect shot just like that!
hahahahaha~!!

So bad right me...
People cook for me n peel prawns for me I just laugh at 'em... ;p
........................................................................................................................................................................

Lastly...

Presenting....

THE OTO CYBER LOUNGE CG-1800!!!

This baby, n newest addition to the family home, just came in this afternoon.
Daddy paid $3000 plus for this dream machine..

Was skeptical at first...
But am sitting on it now n I just can't get enough!!!!
~ooohhhh SAhhhhhh~*

And can plug in your Mp3 player n it can even do a synchronised Music Massage!!
And it measures your body contours once you sit down so you get a customised massage!!
How can like that!??!

I'm definitely staying home more often... heh heh..

Gotta get up in 2 hours time for a bkk turn... nighties!! ;)

No comments: