Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why do Honeymoons have to end?

Hi people..
I'm back n I missed blogging to death!! :D

It's been nearly 2 months since I took the blogging break... n so many things have happened...

My fairy tale relationship has taken to the rocks n we had nearly broken up twice..
Then the usual weakling in me took the first step n called n ran back to him..
Blame it on my impatience as well as my constant need for reassurance...
I need a man who has the patience to take me thru the different emotions I put him thru in a quarrel..

I scream, I kick, I say sacarstic things.. I mellow n cry n all i need is to hear the right things being said...

Oh well...

And being with a quick tempered guy doesn't do well..
As the cliched saying goes.. Two wrongs dun make a right...

I have come to accept that... my honeymoon has ended...
yup... sad but true... 6 months into the relationship...
And as I have always predicted, n sterotyped... 5 months n honeymoon will end..

Aiyah.. I'm so sorry guys..
I said I wanted to come back bigger, better n happier...
But the only things that have changed so far is that...
I'VE FINALLY GOT MY NEW MACBOOK!!!

Weeehoooo!! ;D
But right now I'm in the New York (again!) crewroom using a lousy Dell to blog this...
heh heh.
The version of IE on this not compatible with Blogger I think... n the tabs all have this square square things instead of words so I gotta guess before I click...
Bleah~

Back to the question at hand.. am sure everyone wants to know...
Why do Honeymoons have to end?

Jus read this random fact in Men's Health mag yesterday..
They did a test on couples n found that couples newly in love have a higher level of a certain chemical than couples who have been in a relationship a year or longer...
However, since it's a blood thing... couples will somehow still be addicted to each other...

Guess that's why sometimes we feel like we can't live/function properly without our other half...

Think mine ended cos I'm essentially a complicated girl...
Not quite woman yet if you know wat I mean...

I say wat's on my mind but usually.. the men dun get it...
Came home crying to Mom one night after gulping down half a bottle of Absolut n driving aimlessly around trying to get Mr Caveman's response but to no avail...

Mom told me that the man-man in men need to be given specific directions.
They r lousy at guessing n take things at face value...
And they get frustrated when we get annoyed again at having to explain things a if to a child... cos they feel that they have tried their very best already...

Ah.... The difference between Men n Women...
is it really so difficult to predict our actions, expectations???

Isn't it common sense that when you upset her/ haven't resolved a misunderstanding until she coos that she really is okie... that after that you have to work extra hard to assure her that you love her??

But alas... the Man is such..
If one ever read Men are from Mars n Women from Venus.. you'd know bout the Caveman Syndrome..
Where Men retreat into their caves n refuse to talk, argue somemore or see the Woman til he's ready to come out...

While Women have to patiently wait outside when the Men retreats to their caves..
All the while emotions swinging wildly from extremes to extremes... badly needing reassurance in the form of a hug.. n him to talk to...

For women... things become better by thrashing things out... talking until both sides are placated..
For men... they prefer to avoid any disagreements to any extent... n to do that.. they dun say what they feel cos they r unable to recognise their emotions.. n basically avoid friction at ALL costs.

I'm the woman who feels that there are things in the air that haven't cleared up totally...
He's the man who feels that time n patience will make these things go away...

Remember when I said I was looking for a man-man kinda guy?
That was why I fell in love with him.. among other characteristics...

But sometimes... I start to doubt..
That I'm just a girl not ready for such a man-man...

That's why they always say.. Be careful wat you wish for...

I'm getting outta this room cos there r other crew making small talk around me...
My job's already full of small talk from the minute I don my uniform n makeup...
Small talk for a week if I'm away for a week...
With people I usually dun ever see for the rest of my career
With people who dun give a damn bout me as long as I do my fair part of my job

But at least i have this blog to vent my emotions...
When staying in a lonely hotel room struggling to control my emotions gets too much for me.
Well in between smoking a thousand cigs (which I managed to quit for a week mind you!! during the better times of cos) n wanting to intoxicate myself with alcohol... think I'm still doing ok lar!

However.. I still believe that some couples do get their act together if they work together... (READ: really hard.. ) heh heh

The end of the honeymoon also equals to the stage in the realtionship when everything you or your significant other does annoys the hell outta each other...

But it IS possible...

I always have faith... being the hopeful pessimist I m.. *wry smile*


Next update will be on my Tokyo Disney Sea trip... during it's 5th anniversary as well!!
And my first time to Christchurch... where I skipped bungee jumping cos I was chicken...
And my 5 days in Hong Kong with Mr Caveman...
And all on my new cool MacBook... hee.. where I also finally learned how to take screenshots (something I always wondered if Macs could do.. Yikes... loser!!)

Happy Days!!
*smuakZ*

1 comment:

flozy said...

I'm SO GLAD you are back! Missed your updates!