Monday, February 19, 2007

Corine & Adi's Wedding!!!!

So many many photos.. all scattered over so many different cameras...


Seems like Von havent uploaded hers to share... n havent got any outta Adi's cam (which will prob be never also lor..)


So here r mine for the moment...


:)

Haven't been this happy for the longest time man...

Though it's not my day... it's truly one of those days where I laughed the most n hardest...

And also one where I realised that friends are an important part of one's life...


I feel so good to be there for Corine...

And really hope that when it's my turn... I have such a wacky n cooperative bunch of girlfrenz who take time to plan n execute watever to make my Big Day Xtra special...

Happy happy...

high high spirits...

......................................

Presenting the photos of Adi n Corine's cheena part of their wedding!!


8am at Corine's Sembawang place....

You have no idea what mean feat it is to get people like Von n myself to places at such early hours in the morning...

In fact, Von got there earlier than me wor... all the way from Kallang man...

Me? Battling traffic n unfamiliar roads along Mandai during morning rush hour...

But we made it...
Cos it was pretty important to us somehow too...

Our favourite n oldest frenz getting married lei!!!

Von preparing the eggs n ingredients for the groom n his bros.....

Sugar, salt, sesame oil, vinegar, dark soy sauce, pepper, chilli flakes... blah blah blah....
watever was in her mom's pantry....
hiak hiak hiaks.... *evil laugh*

"eeyur really very red leiii!!!"

my special work edition Chilli REd lippie....

"mmm... gee... sure dun look like my lips!"

Bride ready......

So r We!!!!!
MuahahahaHa~

Photo moment....
Clockwise from top: Co's sis Audrey, Rachel, Mingyue, Me!, Von...

Note the corsages Corine arranged for all the sisters...
cute n prettty!!!!
N not lousy fresh flowers!! But hand made ribbon ones.... :)
.................

Doors n Gates LOCKED!

Negotiate thru the window grilles!!
"uh ohhh"
Adi's first tot...


The boys thot they could placate us with an ang pow...
WRONG!!

"Guess who's lips r these!!! AND FIND CORINE'S!!!"

"A?? WRONG!!! AhahahHaaa
Come come!!! "

Andrew.... 1st brother to be sacrificed...

Adi still choosing....

2nd one kena...

"AhahahahaAAa~"

Wah lan.. the din we made man...
Put a couple of crazy gals together... n u can jus imagine....
"clack clack clack blah blah blah... " non stop screeching n shouting...

;D

Stage 2
Guess wat ingredients!!?!?


"Yikes!!!"
Vile mix of everything...

And our dear Adi is so sporting to really eat it...
The stuff men have to do these days for the girls!!

...................

Still not over!?!?

"Sing for Corine!! Sing!!!"

We ran for cover in the room...

"NO sing?!?! Give us 10 reasons why u love Corine!!"

"Er... she's cute?"

"What?!??! Not Counted!!!!"

"She's adorable!!"

"WhatS THe DIffeREnce!!!" >shouts til voices hoarse liao<

.
.
.
.
.
"Number 10!!?! N it Better Be gooddd!!" >all chorused together<

We couldn't bear to keep them both waiting for that moment any longer.......

Look at that silly goofy happy smile on Adi's face...
And he's usually not this patient w our mad antics!! ;D

Awwwwwww.....
It's gotta be good... :)
...................................................
Becos we dun have to go to the boy's side for the tea ceremony, got time for more photo taking...
Stopped at some church at Hougang on the way to their home in Seng Kang...

Bliss... :)
Boy were they having fun together as well...

....
And I caught the bouquet when she tossed it for a photo moment...

Cos no one else wanted it lor... -__-"

Co changed to the 'Kwa' for her tea ceremony to be held back in Sembawang...

weee! :D

After the tea ceremony, we adjoined to their room at Swissotel Merchant Court in Clarke Quay

For shower, n change n more arrangements....

Nic finally joined us!!
She was to be the co-emcee for the nite w Rach!

We lugged the portrait, guest book, n ten thousand other stuff to Peony Jade restaurant across the bridge from the hotel....

Where Corine was having her make up done...

Last min emergencies...
Hollywood Tape anyone!??


Power point minor fuck up...

.............

Eventually bug fixed...


Scripts for the em-cees...

March in music n cues to be arranged w restaurant people...
The schedule for the nite... when march in?? when 2nd march in!?!?
When do we play the sabo??
Shit me n Von suppose to give a short speech!?!?

Wat to say? Cannot say the bad things hor!!

Peony Jade was really a nice cosy setting...
Unlike other cheena restaurants when sometimes u have to split the area w the walk in customers.. this place is intimate enough to b booked wholly for a modest 20 tables at least..

Food really super too!!!!
Compared to hotel's food standard!!
Highly recommended really! :)

Oh my god!! Timmy!!!!
My ex supervisor!!


Originals...
The batch of Domers waaaayyy before the renovation at Wheelock...
Well oiled team who worked the Weekend Madness crowds Dome Wheelock was well known for then...

Even Sakae Sushi's Sat evening queue at the host stand pales to Dome's then...

Seamless teamwork down to the dish washers...
The management din know their Magic Beans then...

And Patricia my Mummy!!
She will nag nag nag but it's allllllll gooodd... :)

Almost cried when I saw her!!
Ahhh the nostalgia...


Our emcee photo whoring on stage...

First March in n the Fantastic Giant Plastic Cake!

I have a leeetle weeesh.....
CAN I HAVE A REAL CAKE FOR MY WEDDING NEXT TIME PLEASE!!!!!! :D

heh heh!

2nd March in n champagne pouring with sparkling Fruit Juice...
Not supposed to have alcohol mah.....
hee hee~

And no pics of our "Grapes" game which were meant to sabo the couple on stage...
Or me n Von chattering nervously on stage cos we were both on stage... :(

Party ended shortly after 2230hrs...
"Ahahaha I remember Pat used to call Timmy 'Peh peh Lim'?!?!"

Adi wanted to start the dinner on time at 8...
But the annoying thing bout chinese wedding dinners is that there will still be annoying piece of shit buggers who dun turn up on time...

n it's usually the older gen of relatives who sabo n make everyone wait...
First course was only served like 8.40pm

Next time mine I'll make sure I start the cocktail reception at 7.30pm n have my guest seated by 8pm.
The late comers can make do with missing out the lobster first course n shark's fin (or watever substitute)... grrrrr...


We lingered for more photo whoring w the bride n groom...

And amongst ourselves lar...
A moment w the boyfren...
(dun ask, it's complicated...)

Loy n her Willy!~
And the Domers ALL gathered back in the hotel room for the night for wine n talk...

On hygiene:
"N the dirtiest uniform of all time award goes to... Dorinn!!"
"Yar... choc sauce on her sleeve, front, back... apron..."

On service:
"wah lan station 1 is the most f-d up one... grrr"
"Remember when they used to serve the rhapsodies in these ridiculously grande glasses......"
"Timmy just told the customer 'SIT!' n the lady din listen? I know after that I can't put him as host liao"
"I hate serving Long Blacks"

On regular customers:
"Neh the ang mo guy who came in every morning at 9am sharp for a dbl esp n Perrier..."
"Whoo.. that Mr Shaw guy who used to give us free tickets for movies?? Yeah ... that one lar... always want the apple pie to be burning hot?!?"
"How bout Mr n Mrs Lim who always had the red wine n roast beef sandwich?? Wah? They still go to Olio at Suntec now!??!"

On love...n scandals:
"Yeah.... they both liked the same chef..."
"Har? that one still married to the ba-pok?"

Nic n gf cosying n chillin'


I laughed til I wanted to cry....
These people actually remembered the quirks I had when I was 19!
As I remembered theirs...

N I realised that fly life will never be this intimate... where u work with people who understand your working style... n everyone work around everyone else's weird varied styles over time...
n come out of it not only w just a working relationship... but a forged friendship over time...

And it's kinda sad... cos when I think bout it...
I never really made new enduring friendships since I started flying close to 3 years liao...
Hmmmm....

Arrrrhhhh!@$#$% ; /

And so marks the happiest day I had since my honeymoon ended....
Where I woke up the next day smiling n still giggling to myself over the funny anecdotes...
And also that warm fuzzy feeling one has when one is feeling sated, happy n contented... :)
Well.. until the next quarrel or mood swing that is! bleah!@ ;p

HOpe to put up more pics soon....*hint hint to Von* faster lei girl..

No comments: