Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mandopop, Cantopop, all that Jazz... n my early Bday

People close to me know that I dun sing karaoke....
Dun listen to 93.3FM... (not since my Aaron Kwok fanatical days were over since 12)
N hardly watch TV anymore.... So i dunno who r the newest TVB stars or watever....

But Rach dragged me to Dragonfly on Thursday....
(Actually not dragged... tot I would go check Powerhouse out n stuff....)
But there she was raving bout William Scorpion's performance n her fren's words "It's like a live Hong kong concert... u need to go to soak in the atmosphere!"
....

>.<

left me pretty reluctant to leave Balaclava (which I ALSO DUN like cos the crowd so blarddeeee old n ugly...)

But all's not lost cos I WAS pretty impressed by the band's performance at Dragonfly that nite!!!!

it was like "WoooHOooo!!"

Esp when u realise that the 50 yr old William Scorpion has a rather old body complete with those lower pecs which r the sexiest part of a man's body (to me lar!); n a navel ring to boot!

On top of that, there were drinks I did not have to pay for....
n I did not have to worry bout driving later in the night!

N n n n n... V. Leow back in Sin!!


Definitely a lousy pic...
But u can so make him out by his keropok hair shape
hahahaha~

Main intention was to intro him to Rach cos they were both based in China...
N both then high flyers n all....
tot they would b interested to talk to each other...

:)

Another reason why I thoroughly enjoyed myself so much that nite was cos....

My baby was there too...

And unlike me... he used to be a Canto Beng.... n he was totally enjoying the band's renditions of track from the Young n Dangerous Soundtracks n all that jazz... heh heh

N when he was singing along to them.... Rach gave me the thumbs-up n said loudly "NOw I like him better!!!"

*giggles*

Final reason why I so enjoyed myself that nite...

Though I felt that the crowd at Dragonfly was a icky mish mash of the likes of BalaXDevilsXCantoXSparks ala lao beng lao lian sort....
Kinda felt that there were lotsa men with their china-looking mistresses as well... eeeks...~

Was that I was serenaded by 2 very cute guys (read: V leow n my boy) in both my left ear n right as they crooned into my ears... ^.^

Yes... I is an impossible attention whore....
N there was something very Young n Dangerous bout being sang to in Cantonese... which i dun understand a word of lor...

muahahahahah~ ;D

Dunno if I would go back there again....
I jus might .... w the right bunch of people n a good ol' bottle of Chivas or Henessy...
*chuckles*
....................................................................................

At Indochine in the afternoon...

Beer at 4pm in the afternoon...
Then I had to go home change cos suppose to go Dragonfly mah!!

Wasted Von never join cos she had to work...

Really... the best nites r the most uexpected ones....
Usually the ones I quite reluctant to go to .. heh heh~

And the good thing bout Holidays is that all yr frenz somehow are back in town....
And people all wanna meet up n gather...

Like Chu 3, (third day of the CNY) we all went to Corine n Adi's house.....
For a game of mahjong... n makan....

And when i got there bearing a pot of chicken curry w 3 baguettes hanging of my shoulders n rang the bell...
The Dome Dearies surprised me with an early birthday cake!!!!

I was like..... ;O

So sweet rite them!! Photos of cake n me are eternally trapped in Adi's camera.... ;D

They start playing liao...

Corine's brand new mahjong table n mahjong set...
Adi had a piece of paper translating english 1,2,3 to the chinese characters on the tiles.. heh heh. cute

The boyfren took over a Von left for another night of debauchery at MOS...

REally... I can't play mahjong..... :(
And I tried to learn sitting beside him...
But there were jus toooooo many rules n regulations which I'm not too interested in...

Rach said I can never be the Tai Tai I so wanna be liao... :(((( SobS!~

But Rach I can be the modern kind of Tai tai right!?!?!?
The go-yoga-n-gym n toddler-playgroups n volunteer kind!??? ;D

We Lou hei!!!!

REady??? Get set??

Aiyah... the Loy n the Von left while they playing mahjong n we forgot to take the lou hei out earlier.......


Rach gets a shot of my new chopstix stance...

Weeee heeee!!
"Nian nian you yu!! Zhao sheng gui zi!! $$$$ Bu bu gao sheng!!!"


They say suppose to say these good things when lou-ing wat...
The higher the better!!!

It's really the company...
I usually detest the gingery n artificially coloured radishy stuff of the yearly lou hei...
But this year's one taste particularly good... n i had 2 helpings.... though Co only bought it from NTUC wor....

Lastly... I found Adi's reservist pack in their store room while helping to clean up...
kee kee~

K k I gotta run... gotta go prep for my Perth flight reporting at 2315....
I'm all booked til 4Mar by the Dome Dars n the boy n the family, n a Bkk trip (which is my V day pressie) so birthday treats for me will have to b postponed.. :( hee hee...

Luv ya!

No comments: