Was sorting thru all the pics still left on my Desktop...
putting them in the To email Out folders... n other respective folders such as FRA NYC dec05 n etc... you get the picture... tideous...
And I decided to blog bout my NY trip before the pics gets forgotten in the recesses of my Mac memory... ;p
This is my 2nd time to the Big Apple.... but I'll always remember my first...
It was the September of 2004...
I loaded up on SATC before embarking on my journey to the city where women wore Manolos everyday, n where my Mr Big might reside...haha
I kept expecting spidey to come swooping down on me...
Our old hotel used to be just down the street from Times Square....
Silly, but I kept thinking I saw the Green Gobby n Spidey flying round the Nissin Cup Noodle thingy outta the corner of my eye... haha...
The sweet lady beckons...
And my voyage was complete...But I din like Manhattan after lei...
Dunno why... I tot it was an unfeeling city... all built up n concrete with billboards that kept my eyes so busy... everywhere I turned was "wow", n bam... the Chrysler building.. the Empire State... everything within walking distance that's why we covered so many attractions...
But Manhattan din touch me...
So this time, I planned to go the Guggenheim....
PLANNED to... but instead... too lazy.... weather bloody cold... like minus something at nights to bout 3-5 degrees celsius in the day...
Took the easy way out n walked to Times Square for a second fix....
And checked out the ice skating rink thingy at Rockerfeller that just came up! The set of crew b4 us din get to see I think!
The spirit n smell of Christmas thick in the air....
Rockerfeller Center n 5th Ave were all fucking crowded cos people were queuing up to take pics with the giant Christmas Tree behind like in Home Alone....And of cos Christmas shopping...
We've all never been to clubs in NY.. but tot it would be a good idea to check it out...
So we looked thru the Where magazine n decided on Webster Hall... seems like the main happening place to us... cos it's in every mag!
WRONG...
Clubbing sucks in NY. Firstly cos Webster Hall is a lousy lousy place.
Firstly, entry was US$25... *gasp* no drinks included ah.
Secondly, it's winter so definitely need to wear coats n stuff?... Yeah... US$4 PER ITEM to check in to the closet. PER ITEM means per piece.
If you wear a hoodie n a coat... that's 2 items. If you wanna check in your handbag, that's also considered an item.... Nabei...
Thirdly, cannot smoke inside. Then first concern was... how to go outside n smoke without coat!?! So cold! Which led to another fucked up thing...
US$5 for re-entry into club if you wanna go out smoke. Neh neh ko chee....
Ended up some of the 10 of us never check in coat... but I had to cos mine was heavy n thick.
Means we had to carry this whole pile of coats n prop them up somewhere while we danced near it.
But then, also good, cos the smokers borrow the non-smokers' coats to go out ... hee hee
It was all working out well already.... $$ paid n all...
but the music is the suck.
Main floor playing ah beng techno... all your Alice Deejay n watever crap they play at Club 3 n Club Seven... damn old... damn long no hear such cheesy tunes in clubs man...
Basement was hardcore hip hop. Not my cuppa tea.
2nd floor okie... started with R&B... can live with it.... but suddenly.... cheesy trance.....
Then techno shit again....
Wa Piang...
The only saving grace was prob when we went out to smoke in the middle of the night round 3... n it just started snowing...
We called it a night around 5... another thing that sucked was that they disallowed people to go out n smoke after like 430... cheebs... then we pay the US$5 for only like 2 smoke breaks lei!
KNN~!
Snowing in NYC! Another 1st for me!!! ;D
So pretty.... it felt romantic... n finally... Manhattan touched me... :)
We ate kebabs n hotdogs in the falling snow waiting for cabs...
How I wish I had my camera with me... ... but then it would prob cost me another %£@^& US$4 to check in...
SIghHhhhhHHhhh..... :)
Wat a nice feeling... one of those nice feelings which makes me feel fulfilled n happy with my life...
Two of them clubbed hopped to this other place called Crowbar... which played better quality music n where you can smoke inside... but it's a couple more blocks down n entrance costs US$30... they played til 9am the next morning lor... by which the rest of us all nestled in our beds n in laa laa land , some even woke up for breakfast liao.... heh heh....
So yeah... I agree with the wise dude who told me once long ago that Singaporean clubbers were all super spoiled...
Free check in for bags...
Cheap entrance with first drink included AT LEAST...
Clubs all in close proximity to each other so can club hop by walking.. no need take bloody cabs all the time...
I really missed SIN man when all these ran thru my mind n being disgruntled after paying n paying n paying.. n all these b4 we even started drinking. ;{
Been to Fabric in London before also... NO re-entry policy... so no such thing as go out have a hotdog n sign in your fren n breathe fresh air. Once out you're out...
And it's freaking underground... so no phone reception... THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME!!!
It was the source of many serious arguments when Rif was there n I was home waiting for his reply smses...
So people... appreciate what you have at home!!! ;p


3 comments:
Hi bumped into you friendster profile, as you were a friend of a friend, anyways i always like reading blogs with photos in them...yours is interesting. So here I am leaving my footprint. Check my website if you get the chance, cheers.
Seriously love reading your posts! It's still so you since the last I could remember! Feisty spunky babe! =)
wow.. thanks both you! ;D
flozywozy who r you!?!? email me @ insomniac_grrl@yahoo.com.sg ... or drop me a note in friendster!
Post a Comment