You know you have found a friend for life when you can sit outside together at a 7-11; at 2am in the morning with an cup of instant mashed potatoes n a laksa flavoured cup noodles in hand, bitching bout men, scandals, other girlfriends… n feel totally at ease…
Miss Loy n I go way back… to when I was 18, starting work at the now defunct Dome in Wheelock Place… n she, a week more senior than me, breathing down my neck whenever I lagged while running drinks…
We bitch at each other, with each other, n once she made me feel so small when I hollered at her but she still turned up at my surprise 21st bday party at Boom Boom Room…
She’s younger, yet tonight… she gave me excellent excellent advice… Stop talking to him… she says…
And I think I’m finally ready to heed the exact same advice given to me by other individuals, as she did… cos she said it… cos I din expect her to say it.
Oh well…
I never had a definite group of girlfriends to hang out with. It’s a phobia of mine.
It started when I was 13, started sec school at an all gals school.
I found 2 other girlfriends.
We literally ate, breathed n shat together; attending the same math tuition classes, same ECAs, hung out after school together at Far East, Taka Square etc… everyone called us the 3 musketeers… never will you see us apart…
Then at that age, nobody told me that girls were jealous creatures, n to be completely frank n honest n at ease is suicide itself.,
It happened… things fell apart… feelings hurt n trust never to be rebuilt again even when apologies were accepted…
I remembered it hurt more than a failed relationship. Because they were all I had in the world, the only people I shared my life with… (no boyfriends then wat, n never even tot of having one cos they were always around…)
Anyway, that experience prob made me who I am today. Cos I can talk shit to anyone n everyone now man…
Lesson learnt?
People are never perfect. Your friends can never be You. Be magnanimous enough to overlook their flaws n accept them for who they are.
Someone said something that thoroughly annoyed you? How bout that girlfriend who always steals the limelight n makes you feel insignificant?
What to do… Girls are jealous creatures… And there’s no way to change that. Girls just bitch bout each other…
But at the end of the day, one has to recognise constructive n destructive bitching, and that is all down to TACT.
Today I wanna talk bout group dynamics…
You know how certain groups are just made up of guys… n when there is 1 permanent gal member in the group… it’s almost impossible for another girl to penetrate that…
I experienced that b4 myself, where an ex bf had a girl in his group who was the best pal’s gf… she was the 1st gal in the whole group of guys, n man was she possessive of all the men then… it was impossible to feel at ease whenever she was around… She scoffed at whatever I said or do… n outta respect…(or maybe cos I’m jus nice), I left it at that.
Needless to say, the relationship broke down becos of his friends n how I never felt comfy…
How bout Rif’s group of new friends whom he met at school?
The alpha female was insensitive n never bothered to include other girls in the conversation; her forte being private bantering with the males.
It’s like selfishly guarding the attention on her, never wanting it to wane because she enjoys it. It’s like Smurfette in Smurfs… hahahaha
I did it myself…
Rif had a group of single guy pals n I was the only gal hanging with them all those time…
It was some kinda bitchy possessive instinct that I was aloof to any new gal member whom the guys hooked up with…Aiyooohhh…
Today I experienced a group like that…
Even though I knew her before the guys, she was cold at reception, prob just tired…
But I know…. Cos besides being jealous creatures… girls are also hypersensitive creatures…
Needless to say, I din wanna impose myself on her band of brothers…
It is understanding such group dynamics that one doesn’t get offended anymore…
But I’m not saying that girls n girls cannot stay great pals… of cos we can…
Just like Loy n me, we have a love hate relationship, so does she n Von…
It’s not bout being there for each other all the time… or whenever needed… it’s just…
the thought that counts...n you just know when you think… hmmm… who’s gonna be my bridesmaids when I get married… hahaha…
Oooh… n I need to complain… bout the toilets at Devil’s Bar…
Went down to check on the energizer bunny Von after Zouk n prata at 5am…
Look what I saw when I HaD to pee…

FUCKING GROSS LAR!Who the hell got no common sense to know that PUKE CHOKE SINKS!!
A certain Mr Aw was foaming at the mouth… n even b4 he caught sight of the pics I took of the loo…
He was foaming n getting epileptic cos he noticed that the Devils guys made the mambo moves, which he claimed he invented, look mildly cool….
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA~
He said not to tell anyone he went Devils… it would spoil his street cred he claims..
I already told him he would hate it with a vengence…
But who ask him kaypo, wanna tag along save damsel in distress…
HAHAHAHAHAHAH~ ;D
*Gasp n giggles*
But all my other 2 experiences at Devils all puke related….
1st with my college mates… talking outside toilet… this dude just walked past, paused, puked n walked on… it was like HUH?
When people puke they like stagger n can’t stand n need to be helped away… but the peeps at Devils are perfectly able even before n after they puke…
Fantastic.
The other was similar, something to do with more choked toilets n splashed puke on trousers shit, can’t remember…
Anyway, all I know is it’s 830 am now n im hollering bout nothing on this blog which nobody reads… wahahahaha…but that’s the point ain’t it? ;)
Going on to Happy tonight... Zhiwei wants me to takes pics... muahahahaha....
Single life is getting pretty rad! ;D

2 comments:
So you think. I believe quite a lot of ppl actually read this. Whether on a regular basis or not I cannot vouch for certain. Anyway, chin up girl.
Thanks dude... babe... whichever... ;D
Post a Comment