Monday, April 21, 2008

Two Sides to the Same Story.

I happened to read this post today.
He's quite a prominent blogger on the sg blog scene as u blog readers will prob know.

At first I felt immense irateness...
And then I read some of the comments left behind n pretty much can't be bothered to feel much else.

The same thing complain complain complain...
Offer also complain.
Dun offer then complain that we discriminate.

And I'm referring to stupid n petty "Why u never offer me wines?! you think i not high class enough is it?" kinda complaints, which I've heard had occured before.

So wat really is the right thing to do??

Like one of the comments left behind... some modern muslims do take wine with their meal.

Anyway... one of our meal service sequences is offering of wines after the special meals (ie muslim meals, indian veg, jain, kosher, child, post weaning, low fat, low cal, diabetic, no beef, no fish, no/only seafood, low n high wadeva shit crap meals we offer)

Digressing, sometimes, we can be known as the Special Meal Airline cos we accede to so many ridiculous requests. As many as half the cabin can be Special Meals.

How to serve the other half of the 300 or so pax as quickly as efficiently as possible when there r so many so called special cases???
Becos wat happens later is this. Complaints.
I think Service Development dept should b looking into this.

Yeah, so we go around offering the Special Meal ppl with wines first, while the rest of the meals r being prepared to be wheeled out into the cabin to be served.

I agree that service aptitude is something that cannot be taught to an individual.
One needs to have that special empathy for someone else to have that special touch.

N most of our fly ppl lack that.
I can say tt most of my fly mates r service himbos n bimbos.
N it's sad.
Y does the company hire somemore of such ppl. Wat r their recruitment policies. That's wat i always question.

But in such cases, doing the extra step, such as offering wines first, we get complaints.
It's like the Chinese saying Hua(4) Se(2) Tian(2) Zu(2).
Literally drawing legs on a snake.
Giving ourselves more problems.

We should just be like the other airlines.
If going the extra mile make us seem insensitive, boliao, bimbotic, overwhelming, wadeva Singaporeans or other ppls like to complain bout... then we really just shouldn't bother.

That's why they say being the best is not always the best position to be in.

Guess I've got a point to bring up in the briefing room later at work.

Come on give us a break.
Fly around the friendly skies with the other smarter airlines n see if u can always have things yr S'porean way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.