When I touched down today I received a text from a buddy...
It went along the lines of... "Hey ya, on the way back from visiting K who had jus delivered to a baby boy. so cute! Got so much hair! well, after all tt happening round me, J's wedding, M's wedding, K's baby.. I'm kinda getting tt feeling inside me tt i should really stop n start to settle down... at least tt's wat the feeling inside me is telling me...."
I wondered why we couldn't be on That same page when we were dating...
I remembered when I was younger, the lovers were several chapters ahead of me ...
While in recent years, I felt that the ones I wanna be with til forever after were many chapters behind me in The Book...
Why is it so hard to meet someone who r on the same page as you??
Who wants the same thing as you n r willing n truly committed enough to work towards a sweet ending??
Anyhoo... my reply was.. . "The effect of that feeling will probably fade with time lar, think a person like u is not ready to be committed yet one..."
After all I was thinking... how cute can a newborn be?
I remember peering strangely at my younger sisters when they were both born years ago n thinking which planets they descended from n cringed at the pruney texture of their red n raw skins...
Even though I want this thing called The Baby of my own quite very much, (prob cos my maternal instincts r kicking in.. i jus so adore little girls these days...) I'm still not quite ready to compromise on the sort of life m leading now...
Wat's more, I'm not even in That Book called "Relationships" now...
I m officially Emotionally Unavailable~
I suggest starting from a dog first...
A dog who u COOK 3 meals for yourself, walk 3 times a day YOURSELF, n pay for everything n spend time educating n training it n all tt
N I already think tt is a big commitment for beginners lor...
Imagine having to stop work for 3 months n staying in to look after the pup... like a baby...
N tts only 3 mths.. hmmm
ah well...
k digressing, did i ever mention that I enjoy flying so much more now tt yours truly is single?? :)
No more hoping for calls, waiting for calls, wondering wat the other person is doing, y not picking up phone not tt i call all the time, n the time difference n all that crap no more...
I just come n go as I please... n flying has become more meaningful somehow...
N also, these days, I receive many more texts when I switch on my phone after disappearing into the air for hours...than when I was attached...
I actually feel that my presence is missed when I'm away even though I'm boyfriendless...
So who the hell says that having a boyfriend makes one feel complete?
Or is it just cos I was with the wrong guy n somehow had kept justifying it to myself that he was Mr RIght n therefore kept feeling that watever I needed I did not deserve???
I guess Love is something everyone measures differently lar. N as I had mentioned before, I really would like something irrationally sweet, convincing n ridiculously consuming...
After all, Dodo is one girl who lives in her fantasy world... n I believe that I will find tt One who loves me tt incredibly much n who loves me for the person I m... : )
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Being on the Same Page...
Posted by
shhhh
at
7:20 am
Labels: Blah blah, Fly life, My take on Men n relationships...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment