Monday, January 07, 2008

Safety Evac Program n Basic Training back then... ;D

Did some dunking self into water today... Complete with kebaya n bikini under... And the usual round of tests n drills we fly people take annually..

Had a moment alone after shower n change... since I dunno whether I was in a photo restricted area.. i dun think so lar...

Our mock up for slide jumping...

For door ops
Different aircrafts, diff door lar
N all that "if door dun power open automatically, or slide raft dun inflate then how how how" crap

Airbus door

I din manage to take the mock up for Wet runs (i.e. the one over the pool) today.. maybe next year...

But I did reminisce bout my basic training days 3.5 years ago when I was clambering onto the slide raft in a soaking wet kebaya n fat life vest around my neck...

I remembered giggling with the batch mates while bouncing around on the super inflated slide raft after our first ditching drill... ;D

oh gosh.. how time has flown...

Training days were the best... :)

Batch 793 on our last day of basic service training...
They split us up for SEP thereafter :(

Half of our girls have left le.... sad...
Yeah... n they named us by batch numbers... like bakery n their cookies.. hee~

SEP equipments

Fooling around with demo lifevests

Toilet fire drill??
"Hot door?? Cold door??"

Oxycrew during fire drills...
Air inside is salty n suffocating...

I remembered holding Fi's hand donning tt crap n going into a pitch dark mock up to find a mannequin baby n adult... kinda freaked out cos we were not supposed to lose each other while navigating blindly in the complete darkness..

We wear these coveralls complete with booties for Dry jump drills

First Aid classes...

Learning how to mummify each other...

CPR-ing n choking on fake freaky babies...

Apologise for the bad pics... think someone sent to me one this batch...

And this is for the curious people out there who wonder why our training take 4 months...
N y we need to take tests every year...
Cos we gotta remember n refresh on rubbish stuff like how far the halon or water extinguisher can spray n last for how long, where r the equip located on the various a/cs... wat to do when pax collapse or watever onboard...n the proper procedures when it comes to emergencies...

Some stuff kinda no brainer... but I always seem to crack the bugger's ribs when performing CPR
;p

I ain't sharing the other initial stages where we had to bun hair n wear the wayang make up daily with office wear... so eeks!

Smoke breaks at 10am, lunch time, 3pm n after 5.30pm.
Everyday battling to stay awake n the constant test taking...
Somehow I was still much thinner then...Put on a couple kgs since I started flying~ ;p

N i seem to have lost our graduation stage photos... ;(

Recurrent SEP no fun le... I miss my batchies....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.